East Indian Spiced Coleslaw:
- 1 small head of green cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, crushed (optional, for garnish)
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by shredding the cabbage using our compact cabbage shredder. Place the shredded cabbage in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the grated carrot, thinly sliced red onion, and chopped cilantro to the bowl with the cabbage.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the plain yogurt, lime juice, olive oil, ground cumin, ground coriander, garam masala, turmeric powder, honey, salt, and pepper. Adjust the seasonings according to your taste.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss everything together until well combined, ensuring the ingredients are evenly coated with the flavorful dressing.
- Let the coleslaw sit in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve the East Indian spiced coleslaw garnished with crushed roasted peanuts (if desired).
This East Indian spiced coleslaw recipe infuses traditional Indian flavors into the classic coleslaw. The aromatic blend of ground cumin, coriander, garam masala, and turmeric adds a delightful twist to the dish, while the tangy yogurt and lime dressing provide a refreshing and creamy element.
Feel free to adjust the spices and seasonings to suit your preferences, making it more or less spicy.