Here's an Asian-style coleslaw recipe with a delightful twist:
- 1 small head of Napa cabbage
- 1 large carrot
- 1/2 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts (optional, for garnish)
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or any preferred sweetener
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Red pepper flakes (optional, for a spicy kick)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the Napa cabbage into thin strips with Compact Cabbage Shredder and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Peel and grate or thinly slice the carrot with the same cabbage slicer. Add it to the bowl with the cabbage.
- Add the julienned red bell pepper, chopped cilantro, and chopped green onions to the bowl as well.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey (or sweetener), grated ginger, minced garlic, red pepper flakes (if desired), salt, and pepper. Adjust the seasonings to suit your taste.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss everything together until well combined, ensuring all the ingredients are evenly coated with the dressing.
- Let the coleslaw sit for about 10-15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together. If desired, garnish with unsalted peanuts for added crunch and flavor.
- Serve the Asian-style coleslaw as a side dish or as a filling for lettuce wraps or spring rolls.
This Asian-inspired coleslaw offers a fresh and vibrant combination of Napa cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, and aromatic herbs. The dressing, with its blend of rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic, adds a delightful Asian flair. Feel free to adjust the ingredients and seasonings to your preference, making it more or less sweet, spicy, or tangy.
Enjoy this Asian-style coleslaw as a light and flavorful addition to your meals, or as a refreshing dish on its own. It pairs well with grilled meats, Asian-inspired dishes, or can even be enjoyed as a healthy snack.