Easy Coleslaw Recipe with Video Instructions
Tired of making coleslaw from bagged shredded vegetables and store bought dressing full of preservatives and unidentifiable ingredients? Looking for new cabbage recipes in the height of summer and delicious, easy coleslaw recipes? We’ve put together the simplest recipe for coleslaw and an instructional video just for you!
Simple how-to coleslaw directions
If you ever wondered how to make delicious and simple coleslaw salad this one-bowl coleslaw recipe is for you – as easy and simple as they get!
Ingredients for this coleslaw salad:
- 1/2 head thinly sliced head of green cabbage
- 1 cup of thinly sliced red cabbage, optional
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 2 apples, peeled and cored
- 3 whole shredded carrots thinly sliced
- sprinkle of flat leaf parsley
- juice of 1-2 lemons (can substitute with 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar)
- 1 heaping tsp of English-style or grainy mustard
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise (use less or more to your liking)
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- *optional – 1 tablespoon of honey/maple syrup
Using your wooden cabbage shredder, shred the vegetables – carrot, onion, apples (ok, technically this is a fruit!) and cabbage first. Don’t forget to wear your protective glove when shredding the ingredients for your coleslaw.
Next, chop the parsley, squeeze the juice of 1 to 2 lemons, and add the remaining coleslaw dressing ingredients (mustard, honey/maple syrup, mayonnaise, and seasonings) together and mix well. You may also choose to use a simple oil and vinegar dressing on this coleslaw salad if you prefer. Letting this homemade coleslaw marinate overnight will also bring out the flavors.
For video purposes we used the Compact Cabbage Shredder for shredding the smaller ingredients such as the carrot, apple and onion, and the Professional Cabbage Shredder for the large cabbage wedges.
Of course, the wooden tongs are available for purchase via our shop as well – these are also ideal for serving, canning or making sauerkraut!